Type your answers in the box below each quote (or just remember them), and then check your answers.
- What little Spanish bull liked to sit under a cork tree and smell the flowers instead of fighting in the ring?
- What surly rat complained about his temporary home in a crate with a soon-to-be-famous pig?
- What Dr. Seuss-inspired pachyderm nested in a tree as a favor to a bird friend named Mayzie?
- What peace-loving, lilliputian creatures wearing bright colors but seldom shoes called their home Middle Earth?
- What wishful donkey lived unhappily as a pebble on a rock?
- Who hid, ears up, in a 'tiny sprinkling pail' in a tool-shed?
- What wayward ducks eventually found a home in the Boston Public Gardens and were sketched by their 'author' in his nearby bathtub?
- Who lived in a forest all by himself under the name of Sanders?
- What creature, with eyes of flame, 'came whiffling through the tulgey wood'?
- This musical insect took up residence in a Times Square newsstand. Who (and what) was he?
- What head of a family of field mice lived in a slightly damaged cinder block, abandoned in a garden?
- What classy rodent rode a Fifth Avenue bus, raced a sailboat in Central Park (and won), and drove a car North to visit the bird of his dreams?
(courtesy of Nancy Kendall)
Back to Quizzes