Once Upon a Time.....
Even if you have outgrown bedtime stories, you may still be able to identify the following quotes from classic children's books. Type your answers in the box below each quote (or just remember them), and then check your answers.
- "I'm not very big. They use me only for switching trains in the yard. I have never been over the mountain."
- "Help! Help! A Heffalump!"
- Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, "Oh, why can't you remain like this forever?"
- The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day.
- "Now, my dears, you may go into the fields or down the lane, but don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your father had an accident there."
- When they got to Boston, they felt too tired to fly any further. There was a nice pond in the Public Garden, with a little island on it.
- "If you become a fish in a trout stream," said his mother, "I will become a fisherman and I will fish for you."
- Lucy felt a little frightened, but she felt very inquisitive. She looked back over her shoulder and there, between the dark tree trunks, she could still see the open doorway of the wardrobe.
(courtesy of Nancy Kendall)
Back to Quizzes