Here is what Ms. Marble says:
"First, you need to learn where to find lead
in our neighborhood."
- Lead paint may be on old windows and old doors."
- Lead paint may be on old stairs and railings."
- Lead paint may be on old porches."
- Lead paint dust and flakes may be in places where workers are fixing old houses."
- Lead paint dust and flakes may be in the dirt around old houses."
"Now here's what you can do to be safe
from lead," says Ms. Marble.
- "Never, never touch paint flakes."
- "Never, never touch paint dust."
- "Ask a grownup to wash away lead paint flakes and dust with a damp soapy rag."
- "Wash your hands before you eat and after you play."
- "Leave your shoes at the door and wear socks or slippers in your house."
- "Eat healthy foods, like lowfat milk and yogurt, fruits and vegetables, beans, and lean meat."