Try these and use fewer chemicals in your home!
- Mix equal parts of powdered sugar and baking soda or borax. Set the mixture out in a small dish to control cockroaches.
- Wash your pet with lots of soapy water to drown fleas instead of using chemical sprays.
- Buy pure beeswax furniture polishes and candles.
- Use natural, untreated fabrics.
- Use baking soda as an air freshener for refrigerators, garbage cans and carpets.
- Coat plant leaves with soapy water to kill small insects.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 1 liter (quart) of water to make a cleaner for windows and floors.