Protect the atmosphere. Protect yourself!
- Use less fossil fuels—ride the bus, ride a bicycle or walk whenever it's safe and possible.
- Plant trees and other plants, which will take up carbon dioxide from the air.
- Try to save energy. Turn off lights and appliances when not in use.
- Save on heating and air conditioning by wearing sweaters when it's cold and short-sleeved shirts when it's hot.
- Add insulation to your house to keep warm air from escaping in winter and cool air from escaping in summer.
- When in the sun, wear a hat and a shirt with long sleeves.
- Always wear sun screen and sunglasses that protect against UV radiation!
My Health My World Explorations for Children and Adults are publications of the Center for Educational Outreach at Baylor College of Medicine, made possible by a grant from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. For more information, contact Center for Educational Outreach, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.